Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Pastor's All Saints Playlist




Our text for this All Saints Sunday is Nehemiah 8 (yes, the whole chapter, impossible-to-pronounce names and all!), which can be read here.

I am kind of addicted to music. I find that my life of reflection, writing, and study really cannot be done without music; and so many weeks, when I am planning worship or working on a sermon, I will create a playlist of songs to listen to that reflect the theme of what I am preaching on that week, to play on a loop in the background as I work.

This week, as we prepare for All Saints' Sunday when we remember our connection to those who have gone before, our need for brothers and sisters beside us on the journey of faith, and our role in the lives and faith of those who will come after us, I thought I would share my playlist with you--at least part of it!

So if you have time, give these a listen, and let the music prepare your heart for our time together on Sunday even as it is (hopefully) preparing mine.

Carrie Newcomer, "All Saints Day". Click the video below if you are on the blog, or, if you receive this by email, try this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1P3wdZoRYzM



Andrew Peterson, "God of My Fathers"  Click the video below if you are on the blog, or, if you receive this by email, try this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v26upPqljEA



And finally, a modern take on the classic hymn "For All the Saints" recorded by Jars of Clay. Click the video below if you are on the blog, or, if you receive this by email, try this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZJSPDGwAxo




No comments: