Thursday, May 30, 2013

Sacred Scriptures: From the Prophets

Over the next four Sundays in worship, we will be focusing our time together on the scriptures that people in our congregation named as sacred to them--verses and stories that have shaped them in their faith, that have stuck with them over time.  Because five weeks is not enough time to cover all the stories and passages people named, each day (except Sundays) one passage that was named by some people but that did not make the "Top 5" will be featured here, with an accompanying image and questions for reflection.  May this be a chance for you to re-encounter long-known texts and to discover new ones that are sacred to others and may become sacred to you!

Isaiah 26:3

Those of steadfast mind you keep in peace—
in peace because they trust in you.

Jeremiah 29:11-13

For surely I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for your welfare and not for harm, to give you a future with hope. Then when you call upon me and come and pray to me, I will hear you. When you search for me, you will find me; if you seek me with all your heart.


  • What does it look like to have a "steadfast mind"?  Why would this be something God honors?
  • How easy or difficult is it for you to believe God hears you?
  • I wonder what it looks like to seek God with all your heart.

No comments: